Many Canadians support charitable organizations through future gifts from their estates. A Charitable Will Bequest is a way to support Central Okanagan Hospice Association (COHA) while helping you achieve significant tax savings for your estate and increase your inheritances to your loved ones.
A Charitable Will Bequest - The Benefits to You
- Convenient: You do not have to be rich to make a Will bequest; it can be made no matter how old you are and it can be for any amount you choose.
- Simple: A bequest is easy to arrange. Simply ask your lawyer to include a bequest to Central Okanagan Hospice Association in your Will.
- Flexible: Your bequest can be a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or the residue of your estate (a gift after your debts have been paid and other bequests made).
- Tax Relief: A charitable Will bequest is an effective method to reduce estate taxes.
- Peace of Mind: You can make changes in your Will at any time.
- Satisfaction: Planned gifts are made for personal reasons, in addition to ensuring that COHA continues its long commitment of compassionate care to the end of life. Your bequest can symbolize a lasting memorial for you, your family or anyone you may wish to honour.
Please Seek Expert Advice: COHA strongly recommends professional advice to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation reviewed and your planned gift is tailored to your circumstances. COHA recommends that you consult your lawyer regarding the specific wording of any charitable Will bequests.