Grief affects all of us in different ways. Some feel sad, alone, misunderstood, isolated, bewildered, angry or guilty.
Our bereavement program offers a diversity of support to help anyone who has experienced the loss of someone. All of our programs are offered in a safe space to share and listen to others. Programs includes:
- Registered Adult Grief Groups are offered twice a year in the Fall and Spring. The groups may be geared to a specific type of death ie. spouse, child, loss from suicide. Pre-registration is required.
- A Bereavement Walking Group meets at various locations to walk on an even terrain along the waterfront or Mission Creek to name a few locations. The group meets once a week and often meet for coffee afterwards. Pre-registration is required.
- One on one support by our trained and compassionate volunteers. Support may be offered weekly or as needed in person or by telephone.
- Professional counselling is completed by referral through our Associate Director of Bereavement Services, Jessica Hughes. We provide individual short term counselling, specific to grief and loss, due to the death of someone.
- A monthly Celebration of Life ceremony is offered to family and friends who have lost a loved one in Hospice House.
Anyone can make a referral to our Bereavement Program. Please contact Jessica Hughes, Associate Director of Bereavement Services, at 250-763-5511 for more information.