Our bereavement program offers a diversity of support to help anyone who is grieving the loss of a loved one. All of our programs are offered in a safe and respectful space to share, listen and receive compassionate support from others. Programs includes:
- Registered Adult Grief Groups are offered twice a year in the Fall and Spring or often based on needs. The groups may be geared to a specific type of death ie. spouse, child, loss from suicide. Pre-registration is required.
- A Bereavement Walking Group meets at various locations to walk on an even terrain along the waterfront or Mission Creek to name a few locations. A walking group is offered once a week in West Kelowna also. The group meets once a week and often meet for coffee afterwards. Pre-registration is required.
- One on one support is offered weekly or as needed in person or by telephone with our trained compassionate volunteers.
- Professional counselling is completed by referral through our Associate Director of Bereavement Services, Jessica Hughes. We provide individual short term counselling, specific to grief and loss, due to the death of loved one. Counselling is provided for children to seniors.
- A monthly Celebration of Life ceremony is offered to family and friends who have lost a loved one in Hospice House.
Anyone can make a referral to our Bereavement Program. Please contact Jessica Hughes, Associate Director of Bereavement Services, at 250.763.5511 for more information.
During this pandemic some of our Bereavement services and programs are currently suspended. COHA continues to take the direction from the Province and Medical Officer to extend the parameters in which we can offer this program at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we protect everyone’s health and the safety together.